In April 2020, HMS, with assistance from several BCBSM CQI's, launched a registry focused on patients with COVID19 in Michigan hospitals in direct response to the global pandemic. This initiative, titled Mi-COVID19, consists of 40+ hospitals across the State of Michigan working together to improve care for patients with COVID-19.
- Identify factors associated with critical illness/severe course and outcomes
- Identify patient characteristics, care practices, and treatment regimens associated with improved outcomes
- Understand the long-term complications for hospitalized patients including subsequent rates of readmission, mortality, and return-to-normal activities
- Evaluate variability of care processes across Mi-COVID19 hospitals and identify processes associated with improved outcomes
- Utilizing established CQI models, facilitate improvement in care across Michigan hospitals
The Mi-COVID19 initiative is a joint CQI venture across numerous BCBSM Quality Collaborative's. Below is a timeline of events that depicts the launch of the registry during the onset of the pandemic.